1. Slit the brinjal from both ends, without cutting through.
2. Heat one and a half tablespoons of oil in a non-stick pan and saute the brinjal till they become soft. Drain and set aside
3. Dry-roast the sesame seeds and peanuts till fragrant. Grind them with coconut to a smooth paste. Set aside.
4. Add the remaining oil to the same pan, add the ginger-garlic paste and onions and saute on medium heat till onions turn light brown.
5. Add the sesame-peanuts-coconut paste and saute for a minute. Add the turmeric powder, garam masala powder, cumin powdr, coriander powder and chilli powder. Mix well.
6. Add the salt and tamarind pulp and mix well. Add the fried brinjals, cover and cook till the brinjal are done.
7. Garnish with the chopped coriander and serve hot.