1. Mix the gram flour one teaspoon chilli powder, one teaspoon coriander powder, salt and ghee. Add sufficient water and knead into a stiff dough. Divide into twelve equal potions and shape them into one-inch thick rolls.
2. Heat sufficient water in a deep non-stick pan, add the dough rolls and boil till they are cooked. Drain, cool and cut into one inch pieces. Reserve the cooking liquid.
3. Mix the yogurt, remaining chilli powder, remaining coriander powder, turmeric powder and salt in a large bowl. Add the cooked pieces of dough (Gatte)
4. Heat oil in a non stick pan. Add the cumin seeds and when they begin to change colour, add the yogurt-gatte mixture.
5. Cook on high heat till the mixture comes to a boil. Reduce heat and let the mixture simmer on low heat for five minutes. If need be, adjust the consistency using a little of the cooking liquid.
6. Transfer the gatte ki sabzi into a serving bowl. Serve with rice or roti.
Preparation time: 20-25 minutes.
Cooking time: 40-45 minutes